Monday, August 4, 2008

"Let's start at the very beginning

...a very good place to start." --Fraulein Maria. Over the past year I have had several friends urging me to create a blog. I'm not sure whether they just wanted to stop getting my annoying email or if they really thought there was some benefit to the "stuff" I kept sending. Whatever the reason, I'm going to attempt this on a weekly basis. "A Level Place" refers to Luke 6:17. And he came down with them and stood on a level place... That is my reason for everything: Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God, came down with me and made me to stand on a level place. By grace alone, I have been forgiven and redeemed. I have no other Savior, save Christ Jesus.

I've been a Christian for many years, but I am only now approaching the edge of the wonderful truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In Luke 6:17 as well as in Matthew 5, the recording of Jesus' Sermon On the Mount is given. Here Christ gives the only way to life and demonstrates that the way is impossible. Impossible for me, but not for Him. Every single word is only possible through and by the finished work of Jesus Christ. I needed a level place and He is that place.

Amber

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Hi Amber,

I'm one of those that encouraged you to blog...not becuase your emails were annoying but because they are so full of encouragement. I'm so glad for your blog! Thank you for doing this!

Anonymous said...

Amber,

This is awesome! I've skimmed some of your entries/posts and am excited to see your thoughts about Jesus... written here for us to ponder, too.

Blessings,
Anita